Some people collect coins.
I collect sentences.
Every day, I write down words, phrases, sentences and other language fragments plucked from books, articles, songs, art pieces, podcasts, eavesdroppings, random conversations and other sources of inspiration.
You could say I’m a bit of a sentence junkie.
Anyway, I feel compelled to share them. In no particular order, with no particular attribution, for no particular reason, here’s what I’ve inhaled lately:
1. All the bottles I threw into the ocean are coming back.
2. A little dancing smile of satisfaction.
3. Looks like a cement truck threw up from the sky.
4. Shouting into a smokey elevator.
5. Never cling to your gift too tightly.
6. A coward with a kiss, a brave man with a sword.
7. Prophecy is a lonely business.
8. Some people cling to this candy land for their whole lives.
9. Gripped with a certain stillness.
10. It’s my backbone project.
Collect anything cool lately?