It’s not about “marketing.”
It’s not about “branding.”
It’s not about “PR.”
It’s about IDENTITY.
Much better word.
It comes from the Latin identere, which means “over and over.”
So, when you’re trying to pinpoint your unique value – as an entrepreneur, as creative professional, as a PERSON – you need to discover your defaults.
The stuff you just DO.
The stuff you can’t NOT do.
The stuff you can’t HELP but to do.
Over and over.
It’s what famed psychologist Erik Erickson described identity as, “The uniqueness and individuality that makes a person distinct from others.”
Here’s a set of questions to help you unlock yours:
1. When you work, what is the one thing you can’t NOT do?
2. When you meet someone, what is the one thing you CAN’T HELP but do?
3. When you create your art, what is the one thing you JUST do?
4. When you listen to someone, what is the one thing you CAN’T HELP but do?
5. When you start your typical day what is the one thing you JUST do?
6. When you go about your day, what is it that you CAN’T HELP but to BE?
IN SHORT: What is it … that’s just, SO you?
That’s identity. That’s who you are.
And it is a GIFT. Possibly the greatest gift in the world.
So, your duty is to uncover it, re-gift it, and use it to serve others.
LET ME ASK YA THIS…
What is it that you can’t help but to do?
LET ME SUGGEST THIS…
For the list called, “16 Questions to Uncover Your Natural-Born Expertise,” send an email to me and I’ll send you the list for free!
* * * *
That Guy with the Nametag
What’s YOUR approach?
Join The Nametag Forums! Share stories, best practices and connect with a like-minded community of business professionals who stick themselves out there!