BIG QUESTION: Does a lower price make you more affordable … or less attractive?
I’ll let you make the call on that one.
However, while you’re thinking about that, allow me to offer my theory.
Because in my experience, if you charge a robust fee for your services, a few things happen:
1. HIGHER FEES MEAN … People will take you seriously.
Because you’ve demonstrated confidence in your work.
AFTER ALL: People don’t want to hire you if you don’t believe in your product.
2. HIGHER FEES MEAN … People will know you mean business.
Because there’s a higher investment at stake.
THINK ABOUT IT: Does anyone doubt Donald Trump’s intentions?
3. HIGHER FEES MEAN … People will be intrigued by your offer.
Because higher prices aren’t just shocking, they’re tempting.
FOR EXAMPLE: Ever wanted to order the lobster solely because it cost $75?
4. HIGHER FEES MEAN … People will be (a lot) more likely to listen to your advice.
Because if you charge a lot, odds are you’re pretty smart.
AND OF COURSE: People listen to smart people.
5. HIGHER FEES MEAN … People will only reach out to you if they’re serious.
Because you will have pre-qualified them, and disqualified the bloodsuckers.
AND THANK GOD: Because you don’t have time to waste on people who don’t know how to value you yet.
6. HIGHER FEES = People will perceive the quality of your work as being higher.
Because in their experience, higher prices (usually) mean higher value.
SO, ASK YOURSELF: Which has more pereceived quality: A $30,000 car or a $200,000 car?
7. HIGHER FEES = People will be more likely to take action after listening to you.
Because they want to see a return on their investment.
WHEREAS: If you hadn’t charged a premium – or if you hadn’t charged ANYTHING for your services – they wouldn’t have felt obligated to take any action.
But that’s just how it works for my company.
Only you can decide whether or not to put a premium on your own ideas.
LET ME ASK YA THIS…
Are you charging enough?
LET ME SUGGEST THIS…
For a list called, “20 Types of Value You MUST Deliver,” send an email to me and I’ll send you the list for free!
* * * *
That Guy with the Nametag
Speaking of premium ideas…
How about someone who (actually) listens and facilitates creative breakthroughs?
Rent Scott’s Brain today!