Ideas are free, execution is priceless.
That’s been my mantra since day one of starting my business.
It’s also the title of a book I wrote a few years back. You can download it for free here.
But here’s the problem. I’m an idea junkie. Everything I look at in the world breaks down into a collection of ideas. I have about fifty new ones every day, and sadly, I can only execute so many of them. Even if I had all the resources and all the time in the world, I still wouldn’t be able to keep up with the whirlwind of insanity that gusts through my brain.
And that’s where you come in.
I believe ideas were never meant to stay that way. And so, in this new blog series, I’m going to be publishing a sample of them on a weekly basis, in the hopes that they inspire you to (a) execute them, (b) improve them, or (c) invent something completely different.
Remember, once an idea springs into existence, it cannot be unthought.
Even if that idea is ridiculous.
Steal Scott’s Ideas, Issue 008
01. HallsAde. A menthol and eucalyptus based hot tea for performers who ned to keep their voices healthy during shows.
02. Phoney Baloney. A greeting card service to send public notes to professional bullshit artists.
03. Give Up Day. A national holiday that gives people permission to quit failing projects, dreams and relationships without guilt, regret or shame.
04. Done & Done. A grief counseling program for company executives who need to close down shop after years of successful business.
05. Exeqyoosh. A full service design and branding agency that creates real marketing materials for fake products.
06. Dramaless. A dating website for people who don’t have feelings or want any form of intimate human contact with their partners.
07. Bystandard. An anonymous photo and video sharing platform that allows citizens to submit criminal evidence to local law enforcement.
08. Half Sammie. A charity program where customers of delis donate fifty percent of their excessive sandwich meat to homeless food drives.
09.Baggit. A personal concierge service for frequent travelers who suddenly need to replenish the contents of lost luggage quickly and exactly to their specifications.
10. Sweatr. A travel app that offers resources, affirmations and clothing suggestions for people who have shame around their chronic perspiration problems.
LET ME ASK YA THIS…
How will you turn these ideas into I-dids?
LET ME SUGGEST THIS…
For the list called, “49 Ways to become an Idea Powerhouse,” send an email to me, and you win the list for free!
* * * *
That Guy with the Nametag
Author. Speaker. Strategist. Inventor. Filmmaker. Publisher. Songwriter.
Never the same speech twice. Customized for your audience. Impossible to walk away uninspired.
Now booking for 2015-2016.
Email to inquire about fees and availability. Watch clips of The Nametag Guy in action here!