Ideas are free, execution is priceless.
That’s been my mantra since day one of starting my business.
It’s also the title of a book I wrote a few years back. You can download it for free here.
But here’s the problem. I’m an idea junkie. Everything I look at in the world breaks down into a collection of ideas. I have about fifty new ones every day, and sadly, I can only execute so many of them. Even if I had all the resources and all the time in the world, I still wouldn’t be able to keep up with the whirlwind of insanity that gusts through my brain.
And that’s where you come in.
I believe ideas were never meant to stay that way. And so, in this new blog series, I’m going to be publishing a sample of them on a weekly basis, in the hopes that they inspire you to (a) execute them, (b) improve them, or (c) invent something completely different.
Remember, once an idea springs into existence, it cannot be unthought.
Even if that idea is ridiculous.
Steal Scott’s Ideas, Issue 007
01. Friends With Benefits. A musical about a group of millennials who work crappy jobs just to get health insurance.
02. Yoga Notes. A digital journaling system for yogis who want to record insights they have during class.
03. Herochat. A service where terminally sick kids can video chat with their favorite comic book superheroes.
04. Busk 2 Dawn. A city wide festival where all local street performers and buskers perform a marathon from sunset to sunrise.
05. Coached Up. A music app for athletes that layers soundbites from famous sports movies over your music to inspire you while you’re working out.
06. Routeenly. A mentoring program that helps inner city teenagers create healthy daily routines.
07. Soda Jerks. A controversial documentary about Big Soda and the blackhearted marketing executives who create their advertising campaigns.
08. Retreet. An outdoor moving meditation center for intellectuals who want to relax their minds by moving their bodies, instead of sitting on a cushion all day.
09. Beauty Scale. A numberless bathroom scale whose screen shows positive body image affirmations instead of the number of pounds you weigh.
10. Dissfunctional. An anonymous microblogging service where people share and vote up insane quotes from their crazy ass family members.
LET ME ASK YA THIS…
How will you turn these ideas into I-dids?
LET ME SUGGEST THIS…
For the list called, “49 Ways to become an Idea Powerhouse,” send an email to me, and you win the list for free!
* * * *
That Guy with the Nametag
Author. Speaker. Strategist. Inventor. Filmmaker. Publisher. Songwriter.
Never the same speech twice. Customized for your audience. Impossible to walk away uninspired.
Now booking for 2015-2016.
Email to inquire about fees and availability. Watch clips of The Nametag Guy in action here!